Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chicago

Last week I spent relaxing in Chicago with one of my BFF's; Sarah Wolf. Really it's Sarah Carlson now but she will always be Sarah Wolf too. 
Our first day we went and did a little baby shopping. Did I forget to mention she is 8 months pregnant? So happy! So happy! 
She lives in Minooka and these towers always make me laugh, at least you are never confused about what city you are in. Illinois is so incredibly flat but it is also so simply beautiful. Bright blue skies, green, green, green, and white puffy clouds. I could not get over how gorgeous it was. 
I also had a huge obsession with their weeds and wild flowers that abundantly grew everywhere. At one point I had Sarah pull over just so I could run through all the Queen Anne's lace 
We also had to go to Culvers multiple times because what is better than a dairy overload. I mean fried cheese curds and custard. 
The next day we went swimming and had a relaxing walk around a quaint old downtown village.
Also saw a beautiful bridge which we needed to stop and walk around. 
On Sunday we went kayaking in JT's parents backyard. They have a river literally in their backyard! His parents are the nicest people ever! They have a garden and his mom makes everything fresh from the garden. When we got there she immediately started to bring out the most delicious homemmade foods! Then his dad went out, in the rain, to grill us veggie burgers. They were polite and pleasant and so fun to be around.
They loaded the kayaks for us and killed the spiders. While we were on the river his mom even had homemmade chocolate mint bark as a snack. It was a true family day of fun. 
Monday we went into Chicago to go to the beach. I couldn't wait to see this beach that had the skyline as its view and boy did it not disappoint. 
The water was super clear and the sand so soft!
Oh I totally forgot to talk about her baby shower! Which is why I went in the first place. 
Her baby shower was saturday which was so fun! Before hand we went to the maternity photos at starved rock but the lighting was terrible so we found a cute field instead. 
The pictures came out so beautiful. She looks gorgeous!
I can't wait for this little one to be born! Oh and on Tuesday we went to the most adorable tea house and had a tea party lunch. 
Everything was acclectic and vintage. They had the most incredible scone I have ever eaten.
I loved being able to spend an entire week with my best friend and to visit Illinois for the first time when it wasn't in the negatives!


No comments :

Post a Comment