Friday, December 23, 2016

Travel. A Disappearing Memory.


I've been reflecting a lot lately on my travels and travel in general.
One thing that is hard for me to understand is how it is possible to be somewhere, living it up, exploring, serving, totally emerged in the moment and then, it's gone.
A day passes, a week, and it feels as a balloon floating further and further away. Sometimes it feels like the trip never happened. You come back, get into the swing of things, and it's back to the daily grind.
But, it did happen. You were there. You lived it. So why do the memories seem so distant?
When I travel I try to find the balance between taking pictures to help keep my memories and being there in full. That can be hard at times. I so wish I could have a perfect memory right now and truly remember every trip, person, and experience but for now I rely on my journal and photos.
Anyway, I think time is a trippy thing. It plays with your mind.
I also think that is why travel is so luring. You go, it fades, you need to go again. Dare I compare it to a high? A fix?
Those who travel know.
Time.
So weird.

No comments :

Post a Comment