Friday, December 19, 2014

A Christmas Program

Wednesday and Thursday were my last days in the classroom and they also were the EL2 and EL1 Christmas programs.
Wednesday.
I had only 3 kids no show which was a relief. For our performance we put on a puppet show. The children wrote their own scripts, made their puppets, and some even learned a song. Dominyka choreographed a dance to All I Want For Christmas Is You. Before parents arrived we set up this cute set and took some photos. At this point Marijuana and Dominkya were already crying because they knew we were leaving. I will miss Marijuanas energy and love for life and that I actually grew closer to Dominyka then I ever thought possible. Once parents came we went through the 4 puppet shows and they performed their dance. They nailed it. Really, it was beautiful. I am so proud of them.
Thursday my level 1's had only a 5 minute segment in the other kids show. The one the other girls were performing with all their bajillion kids. The theme was the Polar Express and my students were decorating a tree and talking about Christmas. Then they sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town and then sat by the tree to read the Polar Express. End scene and new kids come on. I had a lot no show but they still pulled it off. On a side note cute little Karina brought Mikele and I these chocolate shaped mushroom things we love. YUM!
Then I had to hurry and get into a Santa Suit for part of the performance. Problem was I couldn't find the hat, the beard was ripped, and the bag had nothing in it. I frantically found a safety pin to fix my beard, threw boxes full of thing from the classroom in my bag, and grabbed a hat off a child as I ran down the hallway just in time to burst through the doors saying HO, Ho, ho but at this point I was laughing and sweating. It was pretty funny.
After the first set we had another performance with the second set and this time with out three year olds. All they were supposed to do was sing Jingle Bells. Right. Basically it was Mikele and I singing a bad duet trying t coax the babies to come to the front of the room. It was pretty darn funny though. Those babies... so darn cute. 


No comments :

Post a Comment