Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014. A Year in Review.


2014.
365 days.
I've lived on 2 continents and 1 island. 
Visited 17 countires and 7 islands. 
Flew on 38 planes. Traveled on too many buses to count. 
Survived on public transportation for 6 months.
Visited 3 states.
What a year it has been. 
I started this year in Utah with my best friend Michelle. We laughed our heads off while playing Telestrations and I'm ending the year in California having a Netflix binge with my parents and my puppies on my lap.
It's been a great year.
I taught fifth grade.
Led science camp with 112 of those fifth graders. 
Spent time as team lead, student council co-director, and served on the common core committee. 
Went to CUE, the largest tech conference, and spoke with Nancy infront of 300 people.
Pulled off the most incredible Open House of all time with demonstrations, surprise performances and an epic flash mob with a mash up my kids made and choreographed. 
Made connections with those kids that will last a lifetime. 
Ran. No walked a 5k color run. 
Got divorced.
Lived alone.
Conquered the fear of living alone.
Started dating again. 
Met lots of new people in the process.
Got myself a wonderful boyfriend. Broke up. Had my heart broken.
Flew to Utah to swim in the crater.
Visited Sarah on her birthday in Chicago.
Flew back and forth many times up north to visit the before mentioned boyfriend.
Packed up my apartment in Ventura.
Moved home.
Flew first class to Paris for a week in the spring. 
Flew to Fiji for the summer. Volunteered in schools and squatter villages. Painted signs and schools.
Showered in freezing cold water for 8 weeks.
Had my heart touched and changed by those people. Scuba dived a wreck and the coral reefs. 
Went dolphin watching and played on black sand beaches. Attempted wind surfing. 
Fed every stray dog I could find.
Got introduced to the wonderful world of Bollywood.
Spent a week on my own traveling the Yasawa islands. Swam with mantarays. Snorkeled the Blue Lagoon. Dove through underwater caves. Went dolphin watching and waterfall jumping. 
Came home from Fiji. 
Spent a few glorious days in America. 
Celebrated with dad when he retired from work.
Flew to Lithuania.
Spent the day in Copenhagen. Moved to Europe. Volunteered taught two elementary school classes and a pre language class of three year olds. 
Made an unforgettable connection with Dima and his sweet family.
Lived without a dryer for 6 months. 
Sumo wrestled on the streets in Latvia.
Walked through underground tunnels in Estonia. 
Visited an island in Finland. 
Sailed the Fjord in Norway.
Ran through the rain storms in Sweden.
Walked on both sides of the Berlin Wall.
Toured Prague.
Ate the best dried watermelon in Austria. 
Bathed in the Budapest baths.
Walked through Auschwitz. 
Biked along the canals in Amsterdam.
Visited The Harry Potter studio in London. 
Played in the Baltic Sea in Palanga.
Drilled ice holes on a frozen Lithuanian lake. 
Saw an opera in Latvia. 
Went dancing in a Lithuanian club with Spaniards we met on a bus.
Went cheese tasting in the Netherlands.
Met new friends and ate more chocolate and bakery items than I want to admit. 
Got my luggage lost.
Had a wonderful Christmas.
Worked on trying to get into photography again and doing shoots.
Helped mother with multiple weddings and made so many bouquets and boutineers.
Sold chalkboards on my etsy shop. 
Put my job on hold. Took up volunteering. 
This has been quite the year. 

And in 12 days I will be moving to China. Bring on 2015. 

No comments :

Post a Comment