Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Bakery, In China

Welcome to the land of anti sweets. Seriously their "pastries" have no sugar. Time after time I get excited and try something only to be disappointed by the lack of flavor. 
I'm telling you even the pies at McDonald's are filled with red beans, you heard me right. Beans.
It's been rough people. Especially for a sweet-a-holic like myself.
Until today. 
Today I found a bakery. A real American sugar bakery. 
REAL SUGAR. 
I went a little crazy. 
Of course I did.
But look at all those good treats! There were sugar and chocolate donuts, cream filled breads, crossaints and so much more! 
They were soooo good. 
Then as we were leaving a baguette, a real life baguette was being carried out and the overpowering scent of garlic flooded my nose. Garlic bread!!!!
I had to buy that. We will see if it lasts until dinner. It's amazing the pure joy a bakery can bring me.
Oh China. I think we are going to get along. Oh. So. Well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment