Thursday, January 29, 2015

Beijing With the Boys

Boys weekend to Beijing + me. To be fair I was in on the weekend before all the boys decided to go. But hey I'm not going to complain. So, we made it here after our adventure on the sleeper train. Step 1: find our hostel. I love having Jerem because he takes charge when it comes to travel and I'm sure he hates it at times but I love it because it gives me a break and for once means I don't have to do it. Sometimes it's fun to be the follower. However, major shout out to Jerem and all the hard work he put(s) into planning! So he got us to our hostel. 
Isn't  that a fun courtyard? We are down a little narrow alley way that is totally typical China. After we dropped all our bags and dealt with the incredibly rude lady at the front desk we headed to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. 
The palace was huge! HUGE. We were here for a couple hours and only saw a fraction of it. 
The architecture was beautiful.
These knobs on all the doors bring good luck.
That's Taylor. He oozes personality. 
That's Joe. These rocks were all over the garden and so neat. 
This place really is beautiful. We definetly needed more time but it was closing and we were starving. So starving so we had to leave to find food. Ended up eating some weird pancake egg burrito with wontons and lettuce inside. Then headed to the market to find some breakfast for tomorrow. It's 8 and in already in bed. Travel is exhausting and tomorrow we are headed to THE wall. ✌️

No comments :

Post a Comment