Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Underground

Yesterday was sweet.
However...
Upon waking up and being sick of not having a blow dryer to do my hair I decided to risk plugging in my blow dryer to my converter and give it a chance.
It blew up.
All I did was plug it in and POP everything in the room went quiet. No electricity. No heat. No fridge.
Death to our room. 
And- it can't be fixed until Monday. 
After getting ready we met Bell and Mickey, our neighbors, who so kindly offered to take us to the shopping areas around town.
We got on our metro and headed 13 long stops into town. When we got off and turned the corner hello Vegas on steroids.
Underground miles upon miles of shopping halls set up with neon lights, flashing signs, colors dancing on the walls, adorable store fronts and shopping that would make even the most resistant shopper drool. 
Immediately I was slapped in the face with regret. Why oh why on my third semester abroad did I decide I needed to pay for a second bag and waste $100 which is 600yuan. Seeing that I can buy everything I ever needed in China and for half the price. Vomit. 
Converse. $12
A new coat. $40
Over the knee socks $2
And on and on. 
Finding the jacket was a little rough but luckily I had my personal shoppers- Cierra and Ashley. They went from store to store to help me find a decent coat. It too a really long time because my arms are too fat to fit into the sleeves. Finally we found one right before we left.
Success.
Now with my heat out I had to get creative. I think this is a perfectly acceptable solution:
PICCACU!
I was nice and toasty last night.
Kayla Cioffi I bought this for you. Hay early birthday. 
We also got to go to Walmart.
Whee they sell dove chocolate and most of the other things I brought that weighed down my suitcase. Major bummer.
But they also have fun things like:
Nasty.
Once we came home from this adventure we started another one in the land of KTV.
We paid and entered a private VIP Lou he where all twenty of us had a dance karaoke party complete with tambourines  and dance skills that make you smiles. Seriously though, our boys can dance. 
They had a great selection of american music.
Really, it was a sweaty blast! So much fun! 
Went home. Got in my Pokemon suit and fell fast asleep. 

No comments :

Post a Comment