Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Day in Vilnius City

Today we went into town to hike the three crosses.
We started by popping into a bunch of beautiful churches.

With gorgeous architecture

Then saw the Gates of Dawn which are old gates to the city. 
Explored some cute alleys 

We finally found the trail to the crosses. And were greeted by these monstrosities
Where some drunk guys were talking to us non stop.
Then we made it to the top.
Beautiful view of the city.

Fun time hanging with the ladies. 
Mark & Spencers 
Where have you been my whole life? Seriously. You are like the Trader Joes of Europe and you bring me pure joy in a store. Like a little kid in a candy shop. Like a child Christmas morning. It. Is. Amazing. People we are talking about chocolate with real ingredients. Whole milk, full cream, come on this is what chocolate should be made from and ice cream. This is how you know it's going to be good. None of this cheap American crap. This is legit. And wow I am in love. I can't wait to go back and explore more! The food here will be the death of me. 
These cookies for example. Not only do they sample you with a WHOLE cookie which is incredible because the package costs 9 Litas and there are only 8 cookies in there but they are YUM!

Okay. I'll try to tone down the food excitement, who am I kidding no I won't it's amazing! 

We went to lunch at this place that is traditional lithuanian called Fort Duvas or something. Not so good so I won't bother you with those details.

OH!!! I forgot I also found the best ice cream! It is on Pilies street just past soprano ice cream and it starts with an F. Like Fione or something. It's delicious! I had basil pineapple! Why? Because it sounded so weird I just had to have it. It's yummy! I can't wait to go try more!

Oh and across the street is a chocolate shop and they have the real melted hot chocolate in a cup! It was hot today so I didn't get it but you better believe I got chocolates. Oh man... I eat to much. 
Oh! One more thing. Last night we went to Dimas for dinner. It was so much fun. We spent the evening playing with his girls. I did some drawings with Nicole and saving with Sofia. Of course they dresses me up and we played. 
It is so fun having them as our little Lithuanian family.


No comments :

Post a Comment