Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Food. It's Time for an Update

I think I have posted about these amazing things before: 
And how one night they gave us like 30. They are so delicious. Year pancakes. I'm in love with them. They also give us this compote that is amazing!!!
I need to bring this stuff home!

Mieliniai blynai - yeast pancakes. Pancake dough is raised by bakers yeast and fried in a pan as pancakes. Served with sour cream or jam.

Well I thought those above were going to be my favorite Lithuania food until the cooks made these babies tonight. 
Looks about the same right? But a little more round. Well I took a bite and holy canoli.... They are not the same. They have a curd cheese in them and are thick and dense. They are heaven. I can only imagine the amount of fat and calories but these are worth it. Seriously though I've already started to pack on the pounds and it's only been 4 weeks. I have to get in control but how can I when surrounded by pure joy in a pancake! 
This is what I think they are... Maybe?

Varškėčiai - curd cheese patties, either boiled or fried.



And do you remember when I posted about this food I found in the fridge section. It was my first trip to the store and I thought it was nasty. 
Apparently I just had a nasty brand. These things are soooo good!!! They are like little cheesecakes covered in chocolate and in sooo many flavors. The more I try the better they are. SOOO GOOD. They are alled varshkah or something like that. 

More on our food:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_cuisine

Oh and it's so true about sour cream... They put it on everything! It's so gross in the soup... Bc they mix it in and it like curdles and forms these white bubbles all over the top. 

No comments :

Post a Comment