Monday, February 9, 2015

Stop 2: Guilin

Guilin is incredible! It is a crowded city with gigantic mountains shooting up in and around it. 
Look at that! We spent the day hiking in this park. Yes, I survived and yes, it was worth it. Do you see those views?
Look at that! It looks fake! At this park there were also natural slides. I took a chinese kid down one. 
Then there was a gigantic good luck slide. You had to climb stairs to the top of the mountain and then strap on this camo butt protecting gear, throw on some gloves and down this slide you went. 
Talk about an adventure. This is what it looked like at the top of the mountain. 
Everytime we went up a mountain the view killed me. 
If you come to China you should come to southern China. After this we headed to Perdestrian Street. Here there are tons of shops and a giant food court. I got pineapple fried rice in a pineapple bowl. But I sat by a real pizzeria with actual pizza made by a white guy. He was big and bald and Rollin dough, he reminded me of my pops. Boy did that pizza smell good! 
After dinner this happened. Why? I'm still not sure. I did it. I survived. I wasn't happy about it. Who thinks hey let me get a fish tank and put some big and small fish in there and then stick my feet inside. Yeah. That sounds like a great idea. Infact it will release toxins, be a massage, and those fish will eat all your dead skin. Now take a bunch of Americans and sit them down. Listen to them shriek and scream and yell. We counted to three, no one put their feet it. 
Finally one brave soul does it and the screams that follow. 
I couldn't do it but I knew I needed to so I though maybe if I put my feet in someone else's bowl then there will be lots of feet and less fish. 
Gearing up. Yes I cried. 
One foot. Then the lady came over, grabbed my feet and shoved them into my own bowl. She held my knees down and smacked them until I stopped squirming which is next to impossible because there and fish sucking and licking your toes. 
As you can see I never got use to it and I never enjoyed it. It was ___. Go to China and find out. 
At the end of the night I ran into 
Hannah! But I only got to see her for like ten minutes bc them my group left. Too bad we have so mucky to catch up on! 
Guilin has been amazing and right now I am on my way to the rice terraces with 13 from my group, 4 foreign Aussies, and 3 from Mexico. Today will surely be another adventure. 
Is this real life? 
Why yes it is. 

No comments :

Post a Comment