Thursday, February 12, 2015

Stop 3: Yangshuo

This is where I am right now. Wow. Right? This city also is built in the most beautiful mountains ever. When we arrived at night the mountains all had spotlights on them. It was like walking through a movie set. Our hostel is set in West Street through a little tiny ally and wrapping in and around buildings. What's amazing about it is the rooftop view.
You can see everything. I need to head up there and get a photo for you. 
Here is your photo. Yesterday we walked around this enchanting town. 
It's alleys and bridges and huge mountains surrounding everything. 
Look at this dog. I'm obsessed.
On our adventure we found these calligraphy mats that you can practice on with water. I can't wait to continue my learning and not waste paper. 
As we walked we saw a massage place which is one of the things we set out to accomplish this day. Well. We found one and it was only 50Y for an hour! That's $9. Three of us quickly signed up and sat in eager anticipation. A phone call was made and the massage ladies rode up on their scooters. They took us into the back room. We were all on tables next to each other. Jordy's lady arrived first and began. How is it Jordy? Painful she moans. Oh come on how can a massage from a lady who weighs 100 lbs at most be painful? Then my turn.
Oh. Dear. 
Do you know how much strength a little chinese woman has? Well I do! Owe. Owe. Owe. Oh my painfulness. This lady ripped into our muscles and used our pressure points to inflict pain. Knots? Oh don't worry she found them and beat them out of us with her fists. And now it's been 5 minutes and I have 55 to go. 
Jordy.... I half whimper. I'm sorry I said there is no way it could hurt. 
Then onto the legs. Mikelle begins to laugh and makes the weirdest sounds while trying to hold in her laugh. Then my lady starts and I see why the laughter is necessary. Really though, the legs are ticklish.  Then back to shoulders for some more screaming pain. Never have I wished for an hour to go faster. I kept trying to tell myself to stop being tense and relax but when her hands came near me my whole body tensed in anticipation of pain. Then the tension made everything more painful. 
What. An. Experience.
Deep tissue= never again. 
Now, let's talk about a positive. Banana crumble. Bananas warm? Yeah I had a gag reflex too but when Hannah tells you to try something you try it. She lived with me for 5 months in Lithuania and went to every bakery with me. She knows what I like. It was incredible. IN CRED I BLE. So yummy I'm going back for it tonight. So when you are in Yangshuo, China you must go to Minority Cafe and get the banana crumble. 

No comments :

Post a Comment