Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sailing, Castles, and Rain. Oh My!

Saturday we went to Trakai. It is about 30km away. 4 of us went with Dima, our coordinator and 2 took the bus. When we arrived we were greeted by this sight:
Love it! Then we entered that awesome castle and there was a medieval festival going on! This is why I was so excited! It only happens once a year and they bring the castle back to life!
I got put in jail and I got my head cut off. 
This reinactmeny was awesome!
They had a metal worker who I bought a ring from that she had just made. Now I'm wearing a ring made by a silversmith from a castle in Lithuania. Sweet.
Okay so maybe all the girls bought them too:
Then we went across the drawbridge.
And climbed around the three story castle that is. Now a museum.
After this we went sailing. I've never done this before and should have taken some motion sickenesa but it was still fun. Except when the mast comes flying at you and the boat jerks so suddenly you slide and think you are going to slide right      Off.
That was our captain.
After sailing we walked around the tiny town. We tried to eat at one place but thy toms is our group was too big and sent us away.
We found some adorable puppies to play with along the road. You will be happy to know that they take very good care of their dogs here! 
Then we stopped for some group photos. 
Are you proud of me for wearing so much color. I mean I kind of over did it with accessories but I'm wearing yellow! I wish it was black but I'm trying.
Spent some time sitting in the ruins.
Took some artsy photos.
Of course some selfies with the hat I found in my closet. One of the past volunteers I would presume. 
And then...
It started the pour. We went home.
The end. 

No comments :

Post a Comment