Thursday, August 21, 2014

The First Day Of School: Round 2


3:30.
No kids

3:35
1 child.
3:40
+2 but they were in yesterday's class and today I have the lower class. What to do?!
They leave
Back to one child.
3:45
3 more come... From yesterday! Hmmm... I have the same everything planned except the La story that is a leek lower. Solution= wing it. It is a really good thing that I can make things up on the fly. I was planning on 20 kids at a low level and I got 1 high child, 1 average and 2 low. 3 hours of on the fly. But I did it and we had a lot of fun. Modification and flexibility are so important in teaching. You can be prepared but you always have to be ready. 

We went on a shape scavenger hunt, played memory, had races, wrote on the chalkboard, read a story about a car, practiced arm blending, had discussions about animals, learned about the parts of a cat and then wrote and drew about them. 
We had spelling lessons and lessons on letter. We even had brain breaks and danced to my favorite Koo Koo Kangaroo. 
It will be intersting to see how thins progress once we get a set amount of students. Many right now are still on vacation so the schedule is a little funny. In 2 weeks or so things should settle in and be consistent hopefully. 


No comments :

Post a Comment