Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chocolate Cake. Done right.


Chocolate or vanilla.
When it comes to cake my answer is always vanilla. 
Whenever I find new cupcake shops I always get their vanilla vanilla cupcake to compare to my all time favorite: Sprinkles vanilla vanilla amazingness. 
The only exception is chocolate melting cake on a Carnival cruise. 
For the most part I don't like chocolate cake. It's usually dry and gross. Even some moist ones still have an off flavor to me. 
So when I finished quilting and Sister Swiss started dishing up chocolate cake the size of my head I was worried. 
Oh.
Was.
I.
Wrong.
This was literally in the top cakes I've ever eaten, even going up against vanilla. This cake was so moist and so delicious. To top it off it was covered in the most decident whip cream I've ever had. That is lithuanian whip cream for you land of pure dairy fat. It also was covered in chocolate sauce which have added moisture.
This stuff was so good. 
And she gave us the recipe. I can't promise it will taste like the one she made but here you go:


No comments :

Post a Comment