Sunday, November 30, 2014

An Ikea Makeover.

When we saw signs for Ikea in Lithuania. We needed to go! Getting there on the other hand would take an hour on the bus and in below 20 degree weather. It was so cold but when we pulled up, so worth it! 
Ikea looked exactly the same as in the states and even had 1 lita ice cream. It was delicious! Walking around was so fun! Like being back in California! The real fun was that Paige took us so that we could redecorate and restock the apartment as a gift to Dima. Let the shopping begin:
It got a little out of hand. Crazy yes!? A lot of fun and a lot of litas later we were checked out and realized we couldn't get on a bus so we had to call a cab.
When we got home we were all so excited we started cleaning and decorating! It turned out SOOOO good!! So good! It was giddy excitement in our house!
Tables, rug, accents, candles, pictures, pillows... Oh my! Amazing!
Seriously though it looks so cute! And we got a Charlie Brown style Christmas tree.
The bathroom looks amazing too! And smells so good thanks to some delicious candles. Paige also restocked the kitchen with knives and dishes and utensils! Ah! I wish we had done this four months ago! I'm sad to leave our cute place now! 

Update: We finished our school makeover. Check this out! My OCD heart is in Heaven.

1 comment :

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. This looks amazing. Like amazing. I went to Lithuania fall 2013 and lived in a host family but was always at the apt. and I just can't even get over this. That living room area is not even recognizable. Trying to go back as a head teacher so I'm sure all the people coming after you will surely appreciate this. I'm sad I never thought to do this! What a nice gift for Dima!

    ReplyDelete