Saturday, November 15, 2014

Barefoot Baltics

One normally doesn't go to the beach in winter. SoCal you don't count, you don't even have winter. But when you live in the Baltics and you have a chance to visit the Baltic Sea: you do it. 
We parked and walked down an adorable boardwalk until we reached the sand. At this point we were freezing. Freezing. But when you are at the sea and you are me, those shoes are coming off. 
The sand rocked! Reminded me of Fiji sand. Beautiful. 


Then it was time to touch the water BUT first I needed to analyze the jellyfish that were all over.
Once I thoroughly entertained myself it was time to play in that water. You know I was so used to Fiji beaches it took me a minute to realize just how clear the water was and how beautiful. I guess I was kind of expecting it to be more like a nasty ca water but it was fabulous! 
And the water was very shallow. Three of the others braved the cold as well:
Let me show you how cold it was:
Normally I would expect a sunburn but a cold burn is a completely different story. 
The Baltic Sea was beautiful.
I wish we could have known to do it right away in summer. But now I have a good reason to return :)




No comments :

Post a Comment