Friday, June 17, 2016

30th at Baldi Hot Springs

I LOVE LIFE!
Let's say it again...
I LOVE LIFE! Turning 30 is supposed to be scary but are you kidding me... I am living a dream. 
I spent my 30th birthday at Baldi Hot Springs resort. It was 26 pools of various temperatures of volcanic heated water. Each pool had a unique design with waterfalls and secret passages. It was a honeymooners dream. The best part is Hannah and I had the place pretty much to ourselves. There were maybe 10 people there. 
Look at this! I may or may not have been wishing so hard that a certain hot guy could magically appear and share in the romance. ;) 
I just can't. It's so perfect! We went from pil to pool and tested wa h of the waters. The one at the top was SO HOT. Like barely stick your feet in hot. 
A thousand selfies. But hey, there was no one to take our photo. Okay. This place was like a honeymooner's dream. 
Let's back up a bit. Yesterday the internet went out bc of a storm which was stinky but okay. We can all survive without Internet. Then I woke up to a cold shower and pouring rain. Not to mention my hair and skin are FREAKING OUT! Dry, brittle, acne. Then the rain started early and began to STORM! I was thinking... It oh, apparently the universe doesn't think 30 is a good age. BUT we turned it around. Started walking to Baldi... Up hill for 2 hours but our hostel guy said we could hitch hike. I can feel everyone cringe now. You've got to know I'm safe okay. Like the most safe person and I have Hannah and I go into mom mode. (Ps someone thought I was her mom, let's move past that)
So... I put my thumb out and after a few failed attempts got this. Okay 1. Labeled work company truck. 2. Work uniform. 3. Looked happy. So, we got in. AH!!!!! I hitch hiked. Check that off the bucket list. Don't worry I didn't hitch hike home. We got lucky and people we met yesterday happened to leave Baldi at the exact same time so we shared a cab. HF was watching out. 
Let's go back to this beautiful place. They even had a water slide. So we relaxed all day. Then in order to go to dinner you had to have clothes... I walked here in my bathing suit! I started to panic and turned my sarong into a dress. It was bad but oh well. Guess what?! The buffet had... Vegetables! I had a huge plays of beets, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and onions for dinner. It was perfect! 
We sat overlooking the rainforest. Oh! One problem. So if you know me you know I love to explore food. But... I've had no appetite for about a week now. Eating very little and not ever craving food. Off right? I thought it was because I was sick- it first started in Bew Mexico but it hasn't gone away. Weird. But hey! I can lose the weight I've been packin this year. 
Anyway today was incredible. 
Current status: laying in a hammock. 

One more thing. When traveling do not forget nail clippers. You don't realize how fast those darn things grow until you can't clip them. I'm going to go for a raptor look when I get home so as I walk around the wood floors I click. Parents won't know if it's me or the dog. #winning 

No comments :

Post a Comment