Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Drop Site

Our friends Ron and Eric had their GoPro stolen. I think I told you this. Anyway the guy who took it was caught on the security camera of the super market (pictured above). The townspeople knew this crook and said they would contact him and maybe a trade could be made. The hostel and the people told the boys to not go to the police. BS the first thing I would have done is gone to the police- it was done on camera. 
Anyway the guys stayed in town all day to meet someone who was going to orchestrate the trade. Except that night they were told it wouldn't happen until morning- problem was they were leaving. That's when we come in, the new friends. Now we were going to do the trade in the morning. Oh boy. They have us $100 American cash and we were to go to the super market and meet a theirs party and trade for the camera. I was thinking if it's a third party in a public place there is no way I am paying the money. I'm taking the camera and leaving. Well, the morning comes and goes and nothing. Late afternoon we get a call that it's going down. We head to the drop site aka the super market liquor store and wait. The lady says a guy is coming. A car pulls up and he tells us to come outside. I make sure we are safe and head out... It's the freaking theif!!!!
What a piece of crap. The nerve. Steals the camera then makes them pay to get it back. He was scary otherwise I would have taken the camera and run. I am not down with dishonest people. But it occurred to me that my safety was worth $100. Plus it wasn't my money. So as soon as the deal is made we go right back in the store and wait until he leaves. I hope he gets due punishment. Karma. 
Now I have the GoPro and am baby siting it until we get home and I can mail it to them. Here's to hoping it doesn't get stolen from us. 

No comments :

Post a Comment