Monday, June 20, 2016

Monteverde: A Cheesy Tour


Today Hannah went zip lining. I really didn't want to do that since I've done it before and some freaking Tarzan swing was involved in this one so I decided to take a pass card. Instead I went on a cheese factory tour. 
Got to sample a bunch of different cheeses and learn about the factory, it was started in the 50's by a group of Quakers from Alabama. They were leaving USA because they didn't sign up for the draft since they didn't believe in the war. Anyway they came to Costa Rica and started a small cheese factory.  Which eventually grew bigger and now makes quite a bit of a cheese. They get all their milk from local small farms with free range cattle and some even still milk by hand. It was neat learning how they made the cheese. And of course samples are a plus. After I had some of their ice cream it was so creamy and delicious! 
I decided to do the hour walk back to town and get my steps in. I made a friend. This little pup followed me for a ways, I just wish I had had some food to give him. Then I stopped and sat for awhile atop a beautiful
Viewpoint:
The pictures don't do this justice, I wish you could actually see it.
and now we are going back to that crazy fig tree. Hopefully this time I can climb it! I think part of what I'm feeling is anemia. That's my self diagnosis but at home I get a lot of my iron from spinach and here... No leafy greens. I probably should have brought supplements but that could explain the fatigue, loss of appetite, maybe. Anyway time to go do the straight up streets again to the tree!

Went back on the crazy steep hike and tried to climb the tree. It was too scary and too high! 


No comments :

Post a Comment