Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Health promoting schools

I got to tag along with Anne Clare, Nikki , and Alyssa today to a school out in nasorui. This was the most beautiful school I have been to. On arrival we began painting a sign that indicated the school was health promoting. Climbing up a wooden desk and sitting on some homemade scaffolding we painted. It was very hot and sweat just poured out of us but it was quite the experience.
We also got to paint one of the walls of the school. An eighth grader drew an image and then next to the image was a list of things that destroy self confidence. 
After our painting adventure they brought us a feast for lunch. They put out desks and covered them in paper and brought out big plates of papaya, apples, oranges, and than sandwiches laced with carrots and onions. I skipped that one. Oh and green coconuts which they poked a hole in and the our straw was a weird grass that had a hole like a little tiny bamboo shoot. Let me tell you there is a lot of liquid in a coconut. When we were done they chopped it in half and we are the flesh of the coconut which had a jellied texture and was yum. We ended the day playing volleyball with the teachers. I loved this and even the principal played. We should do this in the states! It was very fun and I made contact with the bc multiple times! Go me and my inability to play sports.



No comments :

Post a Comment