Saturday, June 28, 2014

Nananu-I-Ra


Friday: finish work and head to the bus station at 4pm. Pay $12 and get on bus that last 3 hours and some change. Then we get off th bus in the dark and a taxi is waiting. After pilling in we arrive at a small dock with a little metal open air boat. Oh let us add it is hayley, Matt, Abi, manti and myself. We take a 20 minute boat rid through the dark with the MOST INCREDIBLE sky I have ever seen! You could see the galaxy and soooo many stars. It was in the list of most beautiful nature sites I have ever witnessed. Adding to the ambiance was that we were on a little metal boat in the middle of the ocean. Then we arrive to our island and our bungalow is at the top of a very steep hill. Luckily this was paved, no repeat of the mud attack from last week. 
We were all in one room with bunk beds and a cat. A cat whose named changed everytime he or she, we have not decided yet, walked in. Anyway we woke up at 6am to see the sunrise. Talk about gorgeous. Now this is Fiji. Turquoise waters, white sand and Palm trees. We sat on a rope swing and watched the sunrise. 
Then was time for diving! The rest of the group was going to snorkel but there was. A group going diving so I had a choice to make. I was pretty dang nervous because I have not been diving in years. So I decided to go for it and I am so glad I did! Stop 1: a wreck! Um hello bucket list! When I got certified 5 years ago it was in order to dive a wreck at some point. The visibility was not so great but it was amazing to see this submerged boat. We even got to swim through a small part at the front of the ship! I don't even know how to describe to you this experience!
Then was dive spot 2: the reefs. This was one of the most incredible if not the most incredible thing I have seen. Imagine swimming in the most amazing aquarium you have ever seen. The visibility was great and the colors and shapes of the coral! We got to swim through the canyon and under the reefs and all through and around them. It was so.... Words can't tell you! Come here and experience it! And there were two sharks!  Maybe like 5 feet long. My second dive I felt so much more comfortable and at ease. I'm glad I was able to do this even if the table I am sitting at right now is rocking back and forth back and forth. 
On our way back we walked the beach and the local house dog started to dog like crazy and stick his head way in the sand... What the heck... Then he starts to go crazy and we see that he is attacks the crab. 
This dog is awesome!
Finally we walked the beach with the local owners daughter and found these nuts.

No comments :

Post a Comment