Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Health Promoting Schools

Today I went with Nikki, Alyssa, and Anne-Claire to a school in Nasouri. First, talk about beautiful. There is this gorgeous river that runs through and te bright colored huts adorned with equally bright laundry makes for some amazing scenery. So at the school we worked on painting a sign signifying that they are health promoting. We got to climb up some homemade scaffolding and literally melt in the sun but talk about an experience. I really need to work on my water I take. I already have an untreated infection so water is so important but carrying as much as you need stinks. Okay so we painted and then got to paint one of the walls of the school. 
A student in eighth grade drew the picture. Pretty sweet. Then they brought us this feast for lunch.
And we got to drink from green coconuts and some piece if grass as a straw. Let me tell you there is A LOT of liquid in that coconut. 
Oh and that tuna sandwhich is laced with carrots an onions. We then ended the day playing volleyball with the teachers and I hit the ball three times and served. I think they laughed at me... A lot but hey! I made contact! We are on the hour bus ride home right now and the scenery is just spectacular. Here is to hoping rick is still awake in America when I finally get home. We are on day 5 of not being able to talk and it stinks. 

No comments :

Post a Comment