Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Aquarius: Night Six

This morning I went on a trip to the caves. It. Was. Spectacular. The boat ride out there was pretty bad and rough but so worth it. When we arrived we saw these steps:
Which led to this:
And then down to this:
And then we jumped in. The water was a little dark and freaky at first but it was so pretty! Such a beautiful thing to see!
After a quick swim we were told to come to the side. we were going to swim underneath through a tunnel and pop up into another cave behind the wall. Not going to lie I was scared.
You couldn't see the opening and I knew the caves inside were going to be pitch black. I also knew I had to do it. Everyone else went in and then it was me. He counted to three and under I went. Luckily the guide swam with me and pushed me down the whole time until the other guide pulled me up on the other side.
There were seven of us and one torch. Aka flashlight. To my surprise and enjoyment it was not just one cave back there but a whole series of caves and tunnels. I wish you could have been there. I can't describe it's pure awe.
As we swam through them they made the scariest noises that echoed and bounced off the walls. It was like being in a creepy movie scene.
I wish I could take you all there so you could experience it with me. That's the only part I don't like about traveling solo. Yes, I met a ton of people and they got to be there but they don't come home with me and it's different than experiencing it with someone you know well. Nonetheless it was divine. One more thing off my bucket list. 

No comments :

Post a Comment