Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mana island day 2

I'm sitting on the beach now with a little one eye blind dog next to me. You can literally see the fleas crawling all over him. I can't suppress the overwhelming anger I feel towards how the animals are treated. It's a daily battle. This poor guy is covered in sores and wounds as well. I just realized why their noses are ripped open. In Fiji there is no trash man they just make a pile of junk and trash and occasion ally burn it. The dogs get their food from there and they are ripped to shreds by the glass and cans. Ah! And their poor nails are obviously never cut so they are so long and curl under. 
Okay let's think happy. Today we explored the island and had a really fun time walking around. 
Then we went to the small part of the island and just relaxed in the beauty.
Sara and I then made coconut jewelry. They handed us the coconut shell and a saw and we cut it and sanded it. Then made some fun jewelry. 
And today is Sarah's birthday. Notice how I go from Sara to Sarah that is because I don't know which one it is.
Oh and we did some yoga.
Okay you caught me I didn't really do any physical exercise. But we did take a picture on what we dub yoga rock. 
Ps I kicked a frog when walking to the dorm AND a cockroach crawled out of the drain while I was in he shower! I screamed so loud. 
Oh and then I ran into the table and ripped the scab off my knee. The bruise is now forming. 
The end. 
Oh and French fries for lunch holla!

No comments :

Post a Comment