Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bishop


Mondays I complete a full day at Bishop School. I'm working on teaching art and health science but what I am really doing is teaching strategies to the children and the teachers. 
My second grade classes are very challenging since classroom management is null but we have fun doing art.
My fifth grade class is my element. If I could teach just that class the whole time I was here that would be incredible.
On day 1 they were so hesitant and quiet. See part of the thing is that here they learn more by lecture and reputon so when I come in and have them singing and doing skits, presenting to the class and using hand motions it's very different for them. Well now three weeks later I already see a huge difference. They are more engaged, willing to speak out loud, they are comfortable acting infront of the class and are willing to answer questions. It's amazing the difference a few weeks has made! They pick it up so fast! They also remember it. I just love that class!
Today's lesson was on kite safety. Really. So we did our lesson and the made kites. Okay the kites were really lame but the kids LOVED it. We had them running around outside trying to fly the dingy paper for a long time with huge smiles!
Oh and don't you worry. We definitely completed the day by singing let's go fly a kite! 

No comments :

Post a Comment