Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm Coming Home

Home. I never thought I would miss home so much. America, my family, and my dogs! 
Home. What is it that I miss about home.
There is so much I miss and each thing I have learned to be grateful for:
- hot water, oh how I miss being clean in hot water 
- my dogs, I miss my animals more than anything! 
- blow dryer, I can't wait to get my hair back and to not look like a mountain woman
- nice clothes, I miss all my clothing and shoes. I miss dressing up and wearing wedges 
- food. I miss food! All types. All kinda. I really miss my organic local produce. I miss juicing and having fresh veggies for dinner. I miss food I can control that does not have fats on it. I miss all food!
- my bed. Well my bed went away but I even miss my moms guest bed at this point. I miss down comforters and pillow tops. I miss sheets that have thread count above 200. 
- dry heat, I miss the dry weather and that clothes don't always have to be slightly wet
- I miss dryers. I miss having my clothes for properly and shrink back to size 
- cleanliness, oh how I miss my own place where everything has a home and a spot it goes. I miss clean floors and organization.
- my Mac, I miss my Mac! I miss my computer!
- my camera and photography! 
- the oven, I miss an oven that you don't have to make fireballs to start and that just turns on!
- products, I miss perfume and anything with a scent. I miss lotion and hair products. I miss my smells! Haha
- my family 
- air conditioning, I've never liked having the windows down sbd two months of taxis and buses.... Yucky 
- driving on the right side, don't get me wrong I go not miss driving but I do miss knowing where cars are coming from and how they will turn 
-ice, I have not seen ice the whole time I've been here
- still land. For the last week I've been on nonstop boats. I want the world to stop moving. 
- freedom. Being able to do things alone without having abuddy. Having my own room and house. Being able to go where I want when I want. 


These are all things I've lived without and am so grateful to come home to!
... For twelve days that is. The the I Lithuania adventure begins!
Bring it.

No comments :

Post a Comment