Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mantaray: Solo Night 2

Okay so I think I talked about the teacher from the Netherlands. Well when she got off the boat I had about another two hous. Then my disembarkment announcement came. I got on the boat and something spurred conversation with the girls infront and bam a group was formed. Taylor from Chicago, Annie and Laura from England, aga from Poland, George from Europe, Lea from Germany and dan, the blonde one George, and Alex from Canada. 
Upon arrival we hS orientation and then went to our dorm. Which has no screens but nets on the bed. Then lunch. Wow. Talk about amazing lunch. Best food I've had in months. Which makes sense for 89 a day . But they have big menu that you get to choose from and it's presented beautifully. It reminds me of being on a cruise. After lunch we went to a fish feeding and coconut demonstration. 
For fish feeding you grab a piece a bread and hold it to the edge of the water and tons of fish come and start eating it. They make the funniest noise. Then solo took us to a coconut tree and he climbed to the top. Once up there he knocked down a bunch of coconuts and then we learned how to shuck them and open them. 
Fun stuff! We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach enjoying life. That night I got a dizzy spell and had to lay down. Spent the nigh talking with the Canadian men who were having a drinking party on the top deck. 

No comments :

Post a Comment