Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mantaray Night 3


The reason I came to this island was for the manataray snorkel. This was my big thing and I made sure to call ahead and figure out how it works. Problem is the way it works is they see the manataray and then ring a bell and then you run to the boat. So I asked around a lot to find out more. They hadn't seen them for six days but they did the morning we got there around 7am. So I set an alarm to make sure I was awake and of course had a hard time sleeping all night bc I was worried I would not hear the bell. Well at 7:50 we heard drums but they have the same drums for breakfast and breakfast is at 8. So everyone is asking around is it Mantaray or breakfast. I put on my bathing suit as fast as I could and got to the dive shop ASAP. It was both. So we got snorkel gear and got on a little boat and away we went. We get out there and see all these ppl swimming hard following one man so we jump in. And we all start swimming hard... It was not calm water. Then we see two of them! 
They were probably 8-12 ft across. Then we swam for while and kept looking. Next time we saw them they were deep and swimming up with their mouths wide open but of course I don't have my camera but it was incredible.

We got in the boat and then we saw them again and everyone jumped off but this time I stayed in the boat with two others and the resort man. Lucky me! He found one and I got to jump in and wait for it to come to me... Just me and the Mantaray! 

I also got to see schools of fish, the coral,   And an eel. 
Back in the boat and the four of us found two more and traveled by them on the boat.
The mantarays were amazing. We spent the rest of the day on the beach, weaving bracelets, sanding coconut bracelets, and watching the sunset.
Oh and we did some more kayaks 
Then we got into some card games and some intense spoons. I also enjoyed watching volleyball. There was some beautiful people to look at. ;) and even better we had dinner with those beautiful people and made even more friends. Al from Ireland, Michael, Paul, and Ido not remember the rest. 
We played some interesting games with them all night. Oh and then we had crab races. I was too freaked to touch my crab so Al handled him.
There they are, our crabs. So Solo asks us to all sit in a circle around the Arena and he has all the crabs in a bucket with a plate on top. He flips it over and tells us to count down from 3. Then he pulls up the bucket and I see something move fast and it's huge. Everyone starts screaming and coming rights at me is this huge crab with long creepy legs. It results in me flying up onto the couch ontop of a couple all whole screaming and holding my camera which happens to be on video mode. Hahahaha. It wasn't funny though. It was a mean joke. 
Fun day though! 

No comments :

Post a Comment