Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dolphins and Waterfalls


Last week the whole team went to Moon Reef minus us who planned the Mana getaway. Anyway I really wanted I go I Moon Reef and since I missed out we decided to go today. In this post we refers to Kelli, Holly, Sarah, and Alyssa. So we head to he minibus station to catch a mini bus to Moon Reef. Wrong. First no one has any idea what Moon Reef is. When we finally describe to them where on the island it is they tell us that the mini buses do not go that way. So we go to the bus station and start the process again. Once again he has no idea what we are talking about but he has a bus that kind of goes that way.
(Side note... I'm writing this in bed right now and it freaking smells so bad! Oh I got to move to a bottom bunk right by the window but the smell) ok back to the story. So I am trying to frantically find a map on my phone but of course it is not working. I finally find a name of a city near moon reef and this guy is trying to help so I show him my phone. He says that's my village! Come I'll help you. Next thing we know he is leading is up and down streets and then into a new mini bus station. We get on that bus to Nasouri with this guy. Then onto another minibus into kovo or something that sonded like that. Then he starts negotiating is a taxi. So we get in the taxi but not enough room so some well had to ride in the trunk. Okay don't freak. Not like the trunk on a civic like the trunk of an SUV. So not really a trunk just an opening you get in from the back of the car lol 
Ok they were in the trunk.
Anyway we start this journey down dirt roads and over bridges to grandmothers house we go. Not really but we did make it to natalei Eco lodge. 
That man was sent from God because there was no way in this world we would have found this place. 
It was awesome.


Black sand beaches! Black sand is beautiful! Upon arrival we get in a little dingy and begin our journey to yhe middle of the ocean and then the dolphin journey began. Huge pods of dolphins started to swim around the boat, under the boat, next to the boat. Should we keep practicing our prepositions. 
Okay it was incredible to watch. The water was so clear! You could see 30-40 ft down. You would look over the side of the boat and see them. Then one jumped out of the water and did a full flip! WOW! Seriously. 
I was mesmerized.

There were so many too. Not sure how to guess how big the pod was, but big. 
Then they drove us close to the reef so we could snorkel. All you had to do was look over the boat and you could see so clearly. I've never in my life seen visibility like I saw in those waters. You could see forever. There were sea slugs, blue starfish, orange coral, sea cucumbers, and tons of fish. 
I finally put my phone underwater!
Once this amazing adventure had competed we went back to the lodge to begin adventure 2: waterfalls. 
We hiked, no practically ran up the mountain. I don't know how much sugar these girls ate but they were moving fast. After about 30 minutes we arrived.
1. I don't enjoy cliff jumping.
2. I don't like dark water.
3. Fish feak me out, crawling crawfish even more. Crawling crawfish on the rocks you are supposed to climb out on even grosser.
4. I have no upper body strength p hold a vine.
5. I did it all anyway.
Was I terrified? Yes. Did it take me forever to jump? Yes. But I did it anyway. Twice. Ps the water was freezing.
Oh and then I saw a cow.

No comments :

Post a Comment