Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Distance does not make the heart grow fonder

Well... It's a true story peeps. Rick and I broke up. I knew the chances of him being willing to wait for me through all my travels were slim but it was a risk I had to take because I need to do this in my life right now. That being said this is not easy. When you have a deep connection with someone and those strings are severed it is extremely difficult to cope with. Especially when you are an introvert and stuck in a house with a bagillion people when you just want to be alone to process. There are not many people in my life that I can truely connect to and open up with and he was one of them. Ask anyone and they will tell you there was something different there. I mean come on people I do not talk on the phone. To anyone except Sarah yet I could talk to Rick for hours at a time and it felt like seconds had gone by. Anyway those kinds of connections don't happen often but unfortunately I'm gone. I know that what I am doing is important and spending a year of my life serving people is going I be so rewarding but it's times like these that make it really rough. It is hard to leave family and home. My job and my apartment and things. I also miss my dogs like crazy. Like crazy! I guess what makes me nervous is wondering what my future will hold now because I was hoping he was going to be apart of it. However, I trust in things happening for a reason. I know that God has a plan and I trust him. It still hurts. Here is to my known future! 

No comments :

Post a Comment